Free Stuff, Samples, Coupons, and Sweepstakes | Woman Freebies
Calm your mind before bed! Make Bedtime Yoga a nightly routine to de-stress and relax before you drift peacefully asleep. Here are some great yoga poses you can do in your pajamas in your cozy bed!
1. EASY POSE is ideal for meditation. It promotes an inner calm and allows you to find a state of serenity before starting your practice. To begin, position yourself comfortably on your bed. Cross your shins and widen your knees into a comfortable position and lengthen your spine. Focus on keeping your shoulders pressed down towards the bed. Place your hands at your knees and take 3 deep breaths, counting to 3 on each breath in and out. The key is to focus on your breathing to help your mind begin to relax and focus.
2. BUTTERFLY POSE provides relief in the hip joints, which is important after a long day sitting or standing. Re-position your feet so that your heels are touching. Align your spine, keep your back lengthened and continue to breathe. Feel free to take a slight bend forward for an extra stretch. Take 5 deep breaths, slowly counting to 3 on each breath in and out.
3. SEATED FORWARD BEND soothes and stretches the hamstrings, spine and lower back. Slowly extend your legs out in front of you. While keeping your torso long, begin to reach your hands forward. Exhale as you continue to extend towards your feet. Stop whenever you feel a deep stretch in the lower back of your hamstrings. Maintain this position for 5-10 breath counts.
4. PIGEON POSE increases hip flexibility and releases negative tension. Position yourself on your hands and knees. Bend one knee and bring it forward towards your chest. Place your knee on the bed and your hands on either side of your leg. Square off your hips and stretch forward. Take it slow and breathe into your stretch.
5. CHILD POSE is our favorite pose. After holding your spine straight for several stretches, child pose allows you to relax your spine, shoulders and neck all at once. Start by folding your legs under you, touch your big toes together and sit on your heels. Keeping your knees together or separating your knees as wide as your hips, reach your hands forward as you lay your torso on or between your thighs. Continue reaching forward, feeling the added stretch in your spine. If desired, lay your hands on the bed alongside your torso, palms facing up. Exhale and draw your shoulders down towards the bed’s surface. Remain here for 5 deep breaths.
6. KNEES TO CHEST is a pose that increases circulation in the head and neck and relieves any remaining tension in the back. A soft side-to-side rocking motion also strengthens your core muscles. To start, roll over onto your back. Bring your legs up and draw both knees to your chest. Clasp your arms around your legs, keeping your back flat to the bed. Gently rock side to side and give your spine a bedtime message.
7. CORPSE POSE (SHAVASANA) is yoga’s favorite ending pose. It will bring you into a deep, meditative state of rest, which is the perfect way to transition from your practice to sleep. Slowly lower your leg, flat on to the bed. Rest your arms and legs out loosely and settle into your breath. Extend your legs through the heels and place your hands by your side, palms facing up. Close your eyes and continue breathing. Feel free to remain here for as long as you like.
⇊ Watch the video here! ⇊
You work too hard for your money to throw it all away on full price when you don't have to!