Free Stuff, Samples, Coupons, and Sweepstakes | Woman Freebies
One cookie cutter will get your holiday baking off to a good start this year. It’s all a matter of perspective when it comes to your cookie designs. Gingerbread men are just one way to use the cutter. Flip it upside down and you have a reindeer head! Why didn’t I think of this sooner?
Adapted from: ChristmasCookiesBlog
125g or a Stick of Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Golden Syrup
1 Egg (separated)
2 1/2 Cups of Plain Flour
1 TBSP Ground Ginger
1 TSP Mixed Spice
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 Cup of Icing Sugar
Liquid Food Coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until combined. Add golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until smooth. Stir in flour, ginger, mixed spice and baking soda.
3. Empty onto a lightly floured surface and kneed until smooth. Cover dough with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Place egg whites into a clean bowl and use electric mixer to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Divide icing into bowls to add color. Add a couple drops of food coloring to each bowl.
6. Place dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about a quarter of an inch thick. Use your cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Place on trays about an inch apart.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and transfer to cool on rack.
8. Place prepared icings into small plastic bags and cut a small hole in the corner of each bag. Pipe icing over cookies to decorate.
You work too hard for your money to throw it all away on full price when you don't have to!