Free Stuff, Samples, Coupons, and Sweepstakes | Woman Freebies
October 19, 2015 | Videos
This cake might look like a plain old chocolate bar on the outside, but waiting on the inside is a light and airy sponge cake. It’s the best of both worlds! Serve this for guests and they’ll be amazed at how you got cake inside of a chocolate bar!
Chocolate Bar Sponge Cake
3 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup white sugar
2 T. canola oil
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
12 oz. bag of chocolate chips
1. Beat together eggs and sugar until pale yellow and thick, about 5-7 minutes. The batter should leave ribbons in it when the beaters are removed.
2. Mix in oil.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder into egg mixture, and gently fold the mixture together.
4. Pour into greased baking pan, bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes
(Optional: If you have leftover batter, make little sponge cake cupcakes! Bake in a muffin tin fitted with cupcake liners for 9-12 minutes at 350 F)
5. Let cake cool completely, and very gently remove from pan and place onto cooling rack
6. Trim edges and in-between “squares” of chocolate on top to accommodate space for the chocolate
7. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler. Brush a generous layer of chocolate into cleaned pan, and gently lay in cake.
8. Pour remaining chocolate over top of cake. This layer does not need to be flush with the top of the pan, it only needs to completely cover the cake
9. Place in fridge to set for 20 minutes, and gently remove from pan. Enjoy!
Are you drooling yet?
You work too hard for your money to throw it all away on full price when you don't have to!