Free Stuff, Samples, Coupons, and Sweepstakes | Woman Freebies
June 14, 2015 | Videos
I like recipes like this, because you prep everything individually then just assemble when you’re ready! I think these would be perfect for a backyard BBQ party or even a birthday celebration instead of a birthday cake. (Or in addition to, because birthday cake is amazing.) Happy National Strawberry Short Cake Day, make a delicious dessert. 🙂
What you’ll need:
Makes 6 mini trifles.
1lb fresh strawberries
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to package
pound cake (homemade or store bought)
fresh whipped cream (see how I make mine here: http://youtu.be/Zbh9rLHGq7E )
half pint Ball mason jam jars
– Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut into pieces and add in the sugar. Stir to coat the berries. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
– While they are macerating, prepare the instant pudding according to package instructions. Also prepare the whipped cream.
– For the pound cake, slice into 1/2″ slices and using a biscuit cutter, cookie cutter or measuring cup, cut into rounds slightly smaller than the jar you will put these in.
– To assemble the mini trifles, place a slice of pound cake in the bottom of the jar. Put a spoonful of pudding on top of the cake. Next, place a spoonful of the macerated strawberries and finish with a layer of whipped cream. Repeat using another round of pound cake, another spoonful of pudding, another spoonful of strawberries and finally, top with a nice rosette of whipped cream on top. Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
– Store in the refrigerator until ready for serving or up to 4 days.
You work too hard for your money to throw it all away on full price when you don't have to!