Free Stuff, Samples, Coupons, and Sweepstakes | Woman Freebies
October 21, 2015 | Videos
Check out how you can make this decadent, sinful, delicious pumpkin cheesecake with a sticky pecan praline sauce to drizzle over top. The pumpkin flavor isn’t overwhelming and the praline sauce makes a great sweet addition.
1 ¾ Cups (7.5oz/ 200g) graham crackers smashed into crumbs
1/2 Cup (4oz/120g). butter, melted
1 ½ lbs cream cheese (3x 8 oz packs), at room temperature
2 Cups (15oz/430g ) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 Cups (10 ½ oz/ 300g))sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (recipe below)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Pecan Praline Sauce
1 Cup (8oz/ 225g) Unsalted Butter
1 Cup (8oz/ 225g)Heavy Cream
1 Cup (8oz/ 225g)Dark Brown Sugar
1 Cup(100g/ 3 ½ oz) Chopped Toasted Pecans
1 pinch of salt
Whipped cream to serve
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
2 tsp Cinnamon
⅛ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Ground Ginger
¼ tsp Ground Cloves
½ tsp Ground Allspice
mix all together to make pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 425-degrees. In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, pecans, and coconut. Add melted butter and mix until all crumbs become moist with butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set Aside in the fridge.
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth. on Medium speed slowly add the eggs and sugar until combined. Add the pumpkin puree, pie spice and vanilla. Beat together on High speed until well combined and thickened.
2. Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350-degrees and bake for 55-60 minutes. It should have a slight giggle to it when it’s baked.
3. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours minimum. Preferrably overnight
1. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, brown sugar and pecans; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low, Simmer until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
4. Spoon over cheesecake and serve with whipped cream.
You work too hard for your money to throw it all away on full price when you don't have to!